⚡️ Exclusive launch discount:
$500 $300 ⚡️
🗄 It's time to find a new way to work.
You're a smart, creative professional working on interesting projects. And you have more ideas than you know what to do with.
You have notes and ideas and research outlines and PDFs and emails scattered across an overwhelming multitude of apps on your laptop, your work PC, and your phone.
Never mind the countless productivity and note-taking web apps you've signed up for then eventually abandoned to leave with virtual cobwebs collecting.
Google Docs, Evernote, Notion, Obsidian, Roam Research, Bear Notes, One Note... You know you have some wonderful ideas tucked away in all those apps, too, but you can't figure out where you saved them.
📕 Does this sound familiar?
You might feel like personal knowledge management sounds good in theory... but it hasn't quite worked out in practice so far.
- You have notes scattered across your work computer, home laptop, iPad, iPhone, plus a bunch saved in different cloud apps– with no way to easily browse or search them
- You've got more than one project on the go and feel like you take up way too much time shifting back and forth between projects
- You worry that important ideas are going to fall through the cracks soon
- You've tried ten different ways of organizing your notes– and now you're stuck with a hodge-podge of different note taking systems and apps
- You spend way too much time reinventing the wheel and searching through your files because you can't find where you saved important ideas
- You're feeling overwhelmed, tired, and frustrated by your note taking workflow
- You wish you had a system (like GTD for note taking) to finally organize your notes once and for all
🕵️♀️ You don't have time to spend searching down rabbit-holes.
Your time is too precious to waste on searching for lost ideas and information.
You've spent too many lunch hours and late evenings fruitlessly searching Google and browsing Reddit threads for ideas on how to finally organize your files and notes.
You're tired of spending your time watching productivity YouTube channels, reading Twitter conversations, clicking through Pinterest pins, and browsing random online forums trying to find the perfect way to organize your notes and ideas.
You're ready to create a customized personal knowledge management system to finally organize your notes once and for all.
🗂 You need a more sustainable way to organize your digital notes.
Imagine if you could...
- Quickly and easily find any note you've ever taken.
- Build on that half-remembered idea from a few months ago in a few clicks.
- Easily capture your ideas on the go (and be able to find them again instead of letting them sink into the black hole of your phone).
- Create a living database of articles, ideas, and documents that you can build on to find and develop new connections.
- Organize your thoughts and ideas to gain clarity and save time, both at home and at work.
📓 Calmer Notes for personal knowledge management (PKM)
The Calmer Notes framework is a step-by-step process for creating a personalized system to organize your notes and files.
Hello, friends! I’m Elizabeth Butler, a physician, researcher, and working parent.
I've spent years figuring out the best ways to manage the overwhelm of digital notes, documents, and information flow.
I designed the Calmer Notes method to help busy, creative people craft tailored personal knowledge management (PKM) systems that truly fit their life.
With Calmer Notes, you'll follow a step-by-step method to create a streamlined system for organizing your ideas, notes, and documents-- so you can feel more clear, creative, and calm in your professional and personal life.
🧑🏫 You'll learn...
- What personal knowledge management (PKM) means -- and why busy people need a PKM system to stop feeling overwhelmed 📚
- How to identify the existing pieces of your PKM system 🔍
- How to choose the right note-taking app that actually works for you (instead of switching apps every few months) 📝
- How to design and create a personal knowledge management system that works for the reality of your right-now life 🕰️
- Years of hard-won, first-hand knowledge about personal knowledge management I've accumulated after years of completing a PhD, an MD, and working as a physician while parenting 👩⚕️
🏛 What's inside the course?
When you buy the self-paced Calmer Notes course, you'll get access to:
- Text-based learning modules for the course content
- Companion workbook
- PKM apps database
- Community of fellow learners via the opt-in student directory and coworking directory listings
🪴 Who is the Calmer Notes course best suited for?
🙌 The Calmer Notes course will be a great fit for you if...
- You're a reader: You enjoy reading, and find that you process information best by highlighting, making notes, and revisiting written text.
- You're an independent learner: You're an independent, self-motivated learner. You have a full, busy, unpredictable schedule with many existing commitments and value the flexibility of asynchronous learning.
- You want to design a customized note taking system: You are aware of existing note taking setups and systems, but have found they don't quite fit your unique needs and constraints. You struggle to choose the right note taking app, and find yourself starting over from scratch again and again. You want to build a note taking system designed to fit the way your mind works-- not someone else's.
- You're a busy person seeking simplicity and efficiency: You're a busy person looking for a streamlined, efficient approach to digital note taking. You don't want to add unnecessary complexity to your system, though you're happy to add in details that actually make your life easier. You're looking for a minimalist, "less, but better" approach to personal knowledge management. You want to design a customized, tailored personal knowledge management system that fits your life.
🤔 This course wouldn't be right for you if...
- You prefer to watch videos: The Calmer Notes self-paced course is intentionally designed as a text-first course, with content offered in PDF, DOC, Markdown, and EPUB formats.
- You struggle with self-paced learning: If you have trouble staying on track while working independently, this course might not be the best fit for you. It's designed to be self-paced, so anyone can fit it into their schedule (no matter their time zone or other commitments). If you prefer your courses to be inflexible, scheduled weekly commitments in your calendar, this won't be right for you.
- You're looking for a detailed tutorial on how to implement one single note taking methodology: The Calmer Notes method offers a flexible, personalized approach to crafting a customized, tailored digital note taking system. By design, there is not one singular structure, note taking system, or app used in this method. Every student implementing the Calmer Notes method will end up designing their own unique note taking setup. If you're looking for a detailed, technical tutorial on how to set up a single note taking methodology, I encourage you to explore the many YouTube tutorials and online courses dedicated to setting up a personal knowledge management system using one particular app or structure.
🔎 I do encourage you to carefully review the description of modules listed above, and to explore my blog archives to see if this is the right fit for you.
📧 Please do feel free to contact me with any questions prior to purchasing: I want to help ensure this type of course is best suited for your needs.
💳 What's the pricing for Calmer Notes?
⚡️ Special launch pricing -
Regular: $500 Currently: $300 ⚡️
The regular price of the Calmer Notes course is $500. As an exclusive launch offer, I'm currently offering a limited number of course registrations at a discounted rate. The current discounted launch price of the course is $300. As more people purchase the course, the price increases. This tiered pricing is a way to say thank you to my lovely early adopters.
$100 tier (sold out) $200 tier (sold out)
- 20 copies at $300 ← ⭐ Current price ⭐
- 20 copies at $400
- Regular price - $500
❤️ Kind words and testimonials
The Calmer Notes method has helped busy, creative people (just like you) build a note-taking system that fits their lives. Here's what a few of them have to say...
"For all you #PKM apps & note-taking fans, this one goes out to you I I discovered Calmer Notes by @elizabutlermd... Once I saw how other people categorized their apps/processes it really put it into perspective for me... Calmer Notes Method was how I was able to put the pieces of the puzzle together."
"Finished the #book now onto the #workbook. Fabulous system. Calmer Notes is to PKM what GTD is to #productivity. "
"I'm really enjoying @elizabutlermd's Calmer Notes - it has prompted me to re-assess my wider PKM systems (more general file storage, for example). "
"I've just finished reading Calmer Notes by @elizabutlermd. I've really enjoyed it! It's an excellent introduction to PKM. It is both concise and actionable. The Calmer Notes method is a great way to design your own system and to know how to maintain it."
"@elizabutlermd has a great course about siphoning through options and choosing what PKM works best for you... There are no one-size-fits-all solutions, and I'm quickly turned off by "everyone SHOULD do xyz". ;-)"
"Do yourself a favour... grab a coffee/tea; find your favourite quiet spot and your Kindle; then sit down, relax, and read your copy of Calmer Notes... Don't have Calmer Notes yet? Pick up your copy here."
"Congrats to my friend Elizabeth for launching her ultimate PKM guide, Calmer Notes! Grab your copy now -- Elizabeth is being super generous with intro pricing tiers. ❤️"
"I love the feeling-centered take on productivity/creativity, I think it's so important (and I feel it's so important, too). ❤️"
"Thanks to @elizabutlermd and Calmer Notes, I stopped thinking about smart notes and started writing them."
📓 Visit CalmerNotes.com to learn more
Wishing you all the best on your personal knowledge management journey!
When you buy the course, you'll get instant full access to: